Monday, November 04, 2013

The Metro


"Jeri?"

"Uh huh?"

"Jeri!"

"Yes?"

"JERI!!!"

"Oh my God, what?"

"I need a Manhattan. Mr. Wolf just said that he wants to go out with me, and I think I want to go out with him, and we were just at Metro, and that's why you couldn't go, because he wanted to tell me, and you couldn't go anyway because of the babbies, but anyway, you weren't there, so it was just us, and he said that he'd always--"

"Drink this."

Gulp. "--always had a thing for me, but - that was delicious, thanks - BUT we'd always been with other people, and now we're not, but he's moving to Las Vegas in, like, two weeks, so I'm going to have to figure out how to fit bi-weekly flights from Oakland into my budget, and I had to drive right over here and tell you, because holy SHIT."

"Wait...what?"

"Mister. Wolf. Wants. To. Date. ME."

"Now I need a drink."

No comments: