Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Zeitgeist

The theme for NaNoBloMo this month is Zeitgeist. "Try to capture the mood of your culture and your life as they exist right now. Use every tool in your blog box: words, photos, music..." I've spent the day trying to figure out exactly what that means, and how it's different from what I already do here, and on Facebook, and on IM at work. In truth, I had to look the word up several times today, because I kept forgetting the definition of it.

I'm pretty sure I'm shooting wide of the mark here, but here's the mood of my life right now, expressed in photography.


My bed is unmade, one of the three vacuums out in the house is just peeking into the frame on the right, and the picture is grainy because there isn't enough light in most rooms of my house to take a clear photography without a flash. The area by the stove is the exception, which is why I usually take so many shots there, but it's filled with paint rollers stuck to trays, dirty dishes, boiled chicken that we forgot to refrigerate last night, and an empty Sauv Blanc bottle. I'm just about to change out of my work clothes so that I can repaint the grout around the cooktop. I am exhausted, and everything is in disarray.

This ought to be a challenging month.

No comments: