Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wildebeest

This is just like school, you know? I used to spend weeks agonizing about writing term papers, then spend maybe a day actually writing them. The longer I go without writing something, the more averse I become to it. I should make a sign that reads "I'll have that for you tomorrow", and wear it around my neck all day at work, so that I'd buckle down and do the disaster test writeups I promised everyone would be done by yesterday morning. And then I should take a picture of myself wearing the sign, post it here, and then maybe that would force me, shame me into finally updating my beloved little blog. But then I'd have to upload the picture, and there are so many other things I want to put here instead.

Upcoming, in no particular order --

--"Cooking with Stupid II: Midnight Plumber" - "It smells like onion." "I swear in the name of all that is holy, I did not put an onion in there." "Smells like you're lying."

--"Why ResortSuites Scottsdale Can Kiss My Ass: An Illustrated Treatise"

--"I Love You, I Hate You" - update on the not-so-Simple Knitted Bodice

--"Belligero's Introduction" - Aspiring Crazy Cat Lady has met him, but he's been pretty quiet otherwise, on account've he's got no fingers, so he can't type. This one's on me, Clown. Mea culpa.

--"Adela's Yarns" in Castro Valley - beautiful, extensive stocklist and friendly service, or financial homewrecker? I've got a strong opinion, and a heavy bundle of something hidden in my trunk that Accountant Boy must never, never see. They expanded the store. Resistance is futile.

--Blogstalk Assignment - "something that caught you off guard this week." I should be able to come up with something good here.

That list should keep me going for a few days, and hey, you might get some actual knitting content out of it. I'm going to try to blog at least once every other day for the next couple of weeks, because I'm trying to see if keeping myself on task will help keep me out of my annual winter fugue. We'll see how that goes.

For now, I leave you with Lucy, doing her impression of Buddy, doing his impression of Lucy, doing her impression of a tipped cow. What you can't see in this picture is that I'm standing just to the left of the sofa, where Buddy is perched on the arm like a malevolent, furry gargoyle. She's doing her best to keep her eyes on me and hold that pose, knowing that she's about to be attacked. He did jump on her immediately after I took the picture. She's a real trooper, that Lucy.

I was playing, the Woman. It was all in good spirits. If I'd meant to harm her, there would have been more clawing. -- Buddy the Cat

Sometimes, Buddy and I play 'Savannah' and I get to be the wildebeest and he gets to be the lion! It's fun! -- Lucy the Dog

Yes, you see? The lummox agrees with me. Fun. Survival of the fittest is fun. -- BtC

And that's why I shouldn't leave them alone in the house with the National Geographic channel on the television to keep them company.

No comments: